Monday, September 24, 2012

Building From Basic Black...#1

This is nearly my favorite basic black dress.  It is sooooo comfy.  The fabric is soft and fluid - a combination of rayon, polyester and lycra.  With this combination, it travels, washes and wears well.

And in Texas where I live, it is the perfect item for 3/4 of the year.

One of my favorite aspects of this dress is the length - mid calf is a delightful length for me. 

Next favorite element is the neckline - mock turtle.  So perfect for someone who prefers a hidden neck without a grip that's too tight nor too high  - just a gentle spanning of coziness.  This dress achieves those goals.


Next detail I find quite classy is the light stitching which adds a sweet but unobtrusive detail.  That is an element that seems to provide a step up from dreary drab to classic casual.

The outline stitching is found just above the cuff and the hemline also.



So finding this comfy, classy, nearly elegant, probably never worn, basic black, casual, well fitting piece for my wardrobe at a thrift store really made me happy.

I've had this dress for several years - basic, classic - so don't remember what I paid for it but it wouldn't have been very much.  

I will share some ways in which I build from this start in the next few posts.

During my childhood with limited financial resources, a number of family friends blessed the five of us farm kids with hand-me-downs which clothed us adequately for years.  Perhaps those wardrobe items created  a "No Fear" characteristic in my psyche for my current shopping choices.  I do not recoil from the thought of wearing clothes others have worn previously.  For me, it was and is God's abundant provision with which I am very content.
I Timothy 6: 6, 8
...godliness with contentment is great gain.  
...if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment