Friday, September 21, 2012

The Color Purple...

This post will let you in visually on something about me that's not really a secret.
"I don't like posing for these photos
and having my picture taken!!!"
I always feel awkward, silly, phony...

Certainly you can tell that my smile is frozen...

I don't know which way to turn...

I wish this would hurry up and be done...

My photographer daughter is a jewel.  She tries to put me at ease but it's a challenge.

End of: 
True Confessions.




So here I am in this purple, velveteen outfit I thought was beautiful when I bought it but have only worn once.


These photos are not the same as the above shots.  These are even more awkward and staged than the above if that's possible.  But this post is not about my inability to pose; it's about my ability to find treasures at Thrift Stores. These photos were taken many months ago but I haven't had the courage to post them.
So this blog is about "Fabulous Finds" not "Flawless Faces".

 So let's get the view from the back on this 2-piece outfit.  I added a black shell under the top as I don't like to have too much of my neck exposed.  Maybe that's what I learned from my mother or maybe it's that I share a dislike of neck views with my mother.


Maybe with cooler weather coming, this outfit will have another trip to church some Sunday morning in the near future.


This 2 piece outfit has the label "DONNA MADE IN USA".  I was attracted to its deep, rich color and the sweet, ruffly, feminine detail to both top and skirt.

There are so many shades of purple that this outfit looks vastly different than the shade of pansies on my back deck.  But isn't that fun?

And now you know something immature about me.  Maybe my future photos will more fully mask my lack of camera confidence.  I'll try to be an "overcomer" of shyness.  Keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment