Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting Started With STYLE...

So excited....

Ideas are overflowing in my mind for things I want to share here...

So I'll get started while I sip from my classy black mug brimming with Vanilla Bean Latte - International Cafe coffee...


I've discovered this quick fix for my coffee love if I've exhausted my morning brew and want another cup...

It's yummy...

About the first thing I want you to know about my Silver Crown STYLE, is that all my clothes come from Thrift stores...

Yes, I'm a Thrifter...
I got started many years ago but that story will be unveiled along the way...

Here's a first outfit to share...
  Welcome  to my world...

I love my "new" (2002) front door...

So let me share this outfit and a bit about me...

I purchased this suit probably 10 years ago at a Salvation Army Thrift Store...
I paid* more than I usually do for this PREMIER COLLECTION outfit and here's why...

It actually fits me!!!!!!

You see, I actually have body irregularities which make shopping for me a challenge.  How do I know I have irregularities?  Well, I heard about it often as a child and then I experienced it in the fitting room of clothing stores. 

  • I'm tall..... so most pants were always too short.  But these are a perfect length - Woo Hoo!!!
  • I'm short-waisted (that's what my mom called my petite measurement)...  So I like to hide where my waist actually is by wearing a jacket or a vest.
There are more irregularities but for today that's enough reveal...

  
The outfit seemed to be complete when I added the Pop of the scarf...
Yes, it also came from a thrift store...

 Not too crazy about the sleeveless look but I'll keep my jacket on all day...
The shell is Valerie Stevens - 100% rayon...
I love the snug neckline...

(Yikes!!!!  I need a haircut!!!)










Oops!!!!
The nifty scarf 
is not equally 
arranged
around my neck...
Uff da...




Better
alignment here...


















Shoes are Predictions...
Suede...
Do you know how hard it is to hold this pose for a photo????
Thank goodness the snap was quick because I was about to topple and who knows what might have happened with that moment of grace!!!

I'm ready for the day...

But speaking of grace...
My life would not be what it is were it not for God's grace...
And in the Bible, the Apostle Paul tells the people in Ephesus:
v.8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -
v.9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
Eugene Peterson uses the following words to say the same as the above and his version may be a little easier to understand.
  • Saving is all his (God's) idea, and all his work.  All we do is trust him enough to let him do it.  It's God's gift from start to finish!  We don't play the major role.  If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves.  God does both the making and saving.  He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
*In the event you'd like to know what I paid for my suit, I'll tell you - $25.00.  And that's more than usual but ...It has been worth it to me.  Let me know what you think!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big thrifter, too! I don't have as much time as I'd like to be out shopping, but I do try to make it to Salvation Army on Wednesdays when all their clothes are 50% off!

    Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I love your philosophy on saving!

    Yay for tall women :)

    ReplyDelete