Saturday, October 30, 2010

Vintage 70's blouse...


I'm not exactly fond of fall colors but this vest is a fun and favorite item each fall.  The front lapels, pocket and border along the hem are trimmed with a rusty red designed fabric.  The brown background with black splotches provides a touch of whimsy and style!

And I manage to keep these cute mules on my feet if I don't decide to trample in piles of leaves!
The Ann Taylor skirt has a pleated ruffle around the bottom.
Found this blouse while shopping in New York City during the 1970's!


Wear it with a belt...
Wear it tucked in...
Wear it in freedom...

My family and I lived in Brooklyn, NY from 1976 - 1979.  A friend took me shopping in the city one day.  She was skilled at finding great buys.  We found this classic blouse that day and I've treasured it ever since.  It is something I keep in my wardrobe for several reasons:
  • Everytime I wear it I'm reminded of my dear friend who is no longer living...
  • It is a classic style and basic color so continues to work with a variety of updated vests, skirts and pants...
  • It's easy to care for - needs very little ironing and launders beautifully...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So today's Helpful Hint is:
Keep items in your closet which fit the above criteria - they are loved, classic and easy care.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But who is my dearest friend?
The one who said this:
Greater love has no one than this,
that he lay down his life for his friends.
John 15: 13

Can you imagine loving or being loved that sacrificially?  Wouldn't it be amazing?  Wouldn't it be transforming?  Yes, Yes, Yes...

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I love your blog! What a fun idea. And I really enjoy that you're sharing your faith along with pieces of fashion advice. (I also love that you're a fellow "thrifter". ;-)

    ReplyDelete