Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Adding a Hint of Drama...


It remains warm in Texas so this outfit still works.  Blouse, shirt and sandal wedgies 
were found during thrift store forays. 

Because of my "silver crown", I usually like a splash of color close to my face when wearing white.  I've chosen to enhance this outfit with a hot pink scarf (also a thrifting purchase) tied into a "rose".  Hopefully the photos reveal how this is done.  Any long scarf can be tied this way.  Sometimes I use a scarf tied in this manner as a belt.

 
Tie the scarf around your neck.   
                                                                                                    

  Holding both ends together, begin to twist the scarf.  Continue until the scarf begins to coil. 
At this point you can wrap the coil into a "rose".  Push the ends through the center and it will stay secured for as long as you're wearing the outfit.


 

If the temperature 
drops, 
add a sweater 
and your outfit 
can be worn 
later into
the fall.
Heel detail...
 The blouse and skirt were located at different times at Reruns, a local store to benefit Hill Country CARES.  This blouse is comfy and cute but gets saved for special occasions because it requires ironing!  Sigh!!!  
The sandals were found at a Goodwill Store on the outskirts of Austin, TX.  Most people are surprised that things so currently fashionable are available at thrift stores.  There's a perception that donated items must all be "yesterday's" fashions.  But "trendy" items can be found there as well.

Helpful Hints:
  • Use accessories such as scarves to add the color pop needed to add attractiveness to an otherwise plain outfit.
  • Note:  Thrift store shopping can provide latest fashion options as well as Vintage charmers.  
There are some wise, comforting, instructive words about clothes which Jesus shares with those who chose to follow Him .

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,...or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not ... the body more important  than clothes?  ...why do you worry about clothes?  See how the lilies of the field grow.  They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying,... What shall we wear? ... your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, 
and all these things will be given to you as well." 
(adapting mine in order to include only words about clothing)

For me, what I wear is supplied very economically through thrifting and I believe that's how God clothes me.  
In his amazing generosity, he provides all my "needs" and many of my "wants."

1 comment:

  1. Wow....what you can do with a scarf! I've become a bit more daring this past year and have been occasionally including a scarf with my outfit. The 'rose creation' demo was great. I'll have to try it.

    I also think the outfit looked great without the scarf. But then you know what a 'white-freak' I am. It's a classic and never gets outdated. Casual or dressy, it's fresh-crisp and cool.

    Enjoying the 'style show' and spiritual application.

    Marge

    ReplyDelete