Thursday, May 19, 2011

After a Travel Filled Season...










Fortunately, my sweet style blog has waited patiently for my return!!! My life became filled with travel following my last update! Here are a few of the highlights:
1. A surprise visit to my sister who turned 60 and needed me to help her celebrate! Tickets to a Lori Line Concert were priceless fun.

2. Tour Nanny for 6 mo. old Constantine as his Mom and Dad toured from Lincoln Center in NYC to CT, NY, OH, MI, IL and WI. It was fun, fun, fun!!!

3. Two weeks in VA with my other 4 grandchildren while their parents took time for a business trip and a weekend with Pat Williams. More fun, fun, fun!!!

4. Ten days with hubby for a conference in Naples, FL. Lots of fun!!!

5. A cousin's wedding in Pittsburgh! Great fun!!!

6. A surprise visit from a dear sister with trips to a retreat and a visit to a niece in Houston. Fabulous fun!!!

7. Grandparent's Day and Easter in Richmond, VA. Sweet, sweet Fun!!!

Now I'm home for some catch-up time!!!

As I've said in the past, all my clothes come from thrift stores so the above outfit is comprised of more of my finds which cost me very little.

Today's Shopping Hint is this:
Know quality namebrands of clothing and search for those when shopping in thrift stores.

My Eddie Bauer linen, sleeveless jacket is classy and smart with stylish detail and comfortable quality.

The Jones top is a design of my favorite colors - black and burgundy. Its subtle pattern is classically fun.

And imagine finding Brooks Brothers capris at a thrift store! Of course they make me feel elegant and dignified!

The sandals are cute and comfy - for awhile. I wouldn't wear them for a long hike anywhere but they can be endured as long as I need to be "cute".

My necklace and earrings were created by me during a retreat at Laity Lodge a few years ago - again those favorite colors of mine - black and burgundy!

All my travel has at times included some thrift store shopping. Stay tuned for more reveals in the future!

Isaiah 61: 10a I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness...

No comments:

Post a Comment