Monday, June 6, 2011

Black & White for Summer...

Notice my graphic styles...  It's so hard for me to remember how to add text, color, background etc...
If I kept adding to this blog more frequently, 
I wouldn't have to relearn every time I decide to post new photos...

Standing on my back deck amidst potted plants getting their spring start outdoors...
Trying to find a spot where the background for my Silver Crown 
provides a needed contrast to my shade of silver...
 
Want you to see the detail on my blouse but found the absolutely wrong spot for my Silver Crown...

And here's a closer shot of the stitching detail on my blouse.  It's partly thread with some sparkly beads mixed in.  I especially love the gentle wave along the blouse bottom which also has classy stitching detail.  The main reason I love the bottom wave is that it creates a blouse that can be worn out and not tucked in.  I am short waisted, high waisted, long legged...  whatever the correct term is for not being as perfectly proportioned as I'd like to be.  So I'm very happy when I find tops that do not need to be tucked in.  That way my waist is hidden and not so easily exposed as imperfect!  
So this outfit is nearly perfect for me - in my opinion!  I love black and white with my Silver Crown and 
I love blouses with a little pop of detail which don't have to be tucked in.  
That way a few extra pounds are hidden also.



As usual these frocks have all come from a thrift store.
I only know that my skirt came from our local Salvation Army Thrift Store as it is a recent purchase whereas my top and shoes have been in my closet for several years.


I can tell you the cost of my skirt - $.22!!!  
Yes, really!!!  Twenty-two cents!!!
You see, every Wednesday and Saturday are Bag Days at our local Salvation Army.
When I shop on one of those days, I find enough to fill a bag and then pay the $3 or $4.00 + tax for all that got stuffed into the bag by the check out person.  They are hearty stuffers and make it worth your while to shop.  When I get home, I unpack everything in my laundry room, count the number of items and then divide the price I paid by the number of items and that is what each thing cost that day.  So my skirt cost $.22.  I can't remember what else I got that day but I'm certain it included some things for other family members, the children in Moldova where I'm going on a Mission Trip in August and some items I will take to a consignment shop to be sold to the public.


More details another day about Repurposing Thrift Store finds.


Matthew 6: 25-27
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

So my Thrift Store Shopping Tip for today is:
Find out if your local thrift stores have "Bag Days!"  Shop on those days and you won't have to worry about what you will wear.  Your new outfit will cost  just pennies instead of great sums of money.  
It works for me and it can work for others as well.












No comments:

Post a Comment