Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Springing Back After a Long Absence...


 Where have I been?  It's hard to remember so I'll just add 
some thoughts here and hope that with a new computer, a new year and a new resolve, I'll find my way back here more often to share styles and Thrift Store Treasures... ...had these photos taken near my home.  Actually this is a neighbor's backyard and it seemed it would work to find something different while the home was vacant - between renters...  the owners didn't mind.

This fully lined skirt - made in India - has amazing stitching detail in what turned out to be the exact shade of blue as the blouse I've had for a few years.  It's comfy and dressy all at the same time.  I like the cute shoes but heels aren't the best for slightly rugged terrain.  They will come out
Sunday mornings only and maybe not even then...




Forgot to take a closeup of my sweet topaz drop necklace.  It was a gift from a son and his wife after I'd stayed with their children while they vacationed for a few days.  Love it!!!

Again, all these clothing items came from a thrift store.  Each item was well under $5.00 - probably about $2.00.

I have been reading in the Old Testament since the beginning of the year.  God's people, the Israelite's, left Egypt for the promised land of Canaan but spent 40 years wandering in the wilderness - punishment for disobedience to God.
Deuteronomy 29: 5
"During the forty years that I led you through the desert, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet....
I did this so that you might know that

I am the Lord your God." 
God took care of his chosen people while they had no means to provide clothing for themselves.  How loving and compassionate.  I feel God has taken care of me so that I have been clothed as well as my family through very economical means.  It can be done and you will still be stylishly dressed.

Thrift Store Shopping Hint: 
 Examine each clothing item to see if it is well made.  
  • Are skirts fully lined?
  • Do stripes, plaids, designs match across seam lines?
  • Is decorative detail carefully applied?
  • Are blazers, jackets carefully finished with lining?
You are also one of God's chosen people and He will care for you and your clothing needs as He did during the Exodus from Egypt and as He is doing for me so many centuries later.

No comments:

Post a Comment